Here is a workaround to install a Mustek 600 CU scanner in Windows Vista Home Premium:
It can be a bit tricky to get this to work. If it doesn't work at first, play a little with
- Make sure you have Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 installed.
- Download and unpack the zipfile.
- Execute the "Mustek_600_CU_Vista_Install.exe" file, as administrator if necessary, which installs the drivers and GUI.
When asked to reboot, click 'cancel'
- Go to "Control Panel", "Device manager" and rightclick the "unknown device" under "other devices",
select "update driver", "Automatically Search for drivers", "Don't search online". When asked, select "Install Driver"
- Install the programme in which you want to scan (i.e. Paint Shop Pro)
- Reboot your machine.
- Go to "Control Panel", "Scanners and Cameras", select "600CU" and click "Properties", "Test Camera or Scanner"
- Start the programme in which you want to scan (i.e. Paint Shop Pro) and try to scan. It should work now
(un)installing the scanner and/or programme. Eventually it should work.
I've tested it this way and it works fine on my pc.
Last updated: 24/04/08 23:30 CET